Saturday, August 11, 2012

Haliburton Monotypes

click here to view or purchase recent Stooshinoff work



I have long done monoprints or montypes but forgot how wonderful they are. The advantages are the ease and freedom of the processes, and the opportunity to exploit surprise. In a recent workshop attended at Haliburton School of the Arts, I used watercolour on sanded heavy duty plastic plates which were run through the press. Most images were double plate images, meaning that one plate was used to print a unifying undercolour before the top image plate was run through the press. Some of the prints I keep without any further additions, but many have more watercolour added once the paper is dry....this is an example of that.

I will post more monoprints from this workshop over the next week.

I also fell in love with the Haliburton School of the Arts studio building...it is a roomy, wonderful place to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment