Saturday, March 26, 2016

March Ice Storm


 
March Ice Storm  (Sold) 
Freezing rain continued for a number of hours again during the night, and temperatures remain at around 0. Everything is covered in shiny ice. It will be hard to walk when I venture out for my hike today. Acrylic and pencil on unprimed Whatman paper 10 x 13.75 inches, image size 8.5 x 12 inches.

I ended up using strap-on ice cleats that fit onto the bottom of my boots....so it was a no-slip situation. Just like the old-time farmers who used to put chains on their tires when they needed to travel in mud, ice, or snow.

I'll list a companion piece to this tomorrow. The ice stayed for about a day, and disappeared in a matter of hours today as temperatures rose. At this time of year things can change dramatically and quickly.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment