Thursday, July 21, 2016

May, On Crocus Hill


Visit me here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/paintbox
www.harrystooshinoff.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuHuLWsq7LQVYbd616Wzz2Q
...
May, On Crocus Hill
...I would climb the stoney hills all afternoon, armed with the little hammer my brother made in metal-shop class, and pretend I was a geologist. Acrylic collage on heavy archival paper 11 x 14 inches, images size 9.75 x 9.75 inches.

I've made so many things over the years. I made some things similar to this even as an undergrad. Those early paintings still inform everything I do in that the work is based on shape, colour and edge interaction. Colour is more or less applied flatly, and interaction of colour is paramount. There's no such thing as detail...something is either essential, or you can do without it.

And of all the things I've tried, I don't think I really discarded anything. Although I've left many styles behind, parts of my process or method resurface later. And many things coexist. This happened yesterday,....and today I made a more representational view....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment