Tuesday, August 22, 2017

My Brushes



These are the brushes I use every day. They are not special, and they are not expensive, and they are not new (for the most part). I'm used to them and they do a great job. If one gets loose and wobbly, I wrap a bit of masking tape around it, so that it's right again (maybe just like my uncle used to tape his eyelid to his brow when he got old and his lid didn't work quite right any more). Well, maybe not exactly like that, but you get my drift. It's really only the last 6 brushes or so that I use every day, and the small house painting brush is used only to spread my left-over paints onto thin papers for collages later. It's not necessary to spend a lot of money on brushes. I can't recall the last time I bought a brush, and when I do buy a new brush, it's usually just a tiny sable brush for little details. Don't feel that an old, gnarly, messed up brush should be thrown out...it will work just fine for a number of things. You just have to watch what it will do...and what it will not do....

Visit me here:
paintbox.etsy.com
www.harrystooshinoff.com 

5 comments:

  1. That's a good way of getting the most for your buck, that's what dad used to say.You probably don't remember that eh!bro.your brother Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Landscape paintings, also known as landscape art, is a way of depicting the landscapes in the form of art which includes natural scenery such as mountains, trees, valleys, rivers, as well as forests. If you are in love with landscape paintings, I would suggest you visit IndianArtZone to choose from a wide variety of paintings. Drop by their website for more information.

    https://www.indianartzone.com/landscapes-canvas-paintings-artworks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent article. Really enjoyed. looking forward to reading out these kind of articles. I appreciate your nicely descriptive and elaborate article. I hope you continue to have high quality articles like this to share with everyone!
    I am a great fan of paintings and I have several collection of paintings from different art gallery in various country.
    Anyone of you looking for a best online art gallery to buy original paintings in India? Visit IndianArtZone , a juried e-gallery that provides you with varied paintings ranging from Abstract paintings, Contemporary paintings and Modern art paintings at an affordable cost. As well, they provide a wide range of curated and contemporary Art paintings at a reasonable price.Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful page. Keep Posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice collection of brushes you have. I used to have a huge kit of brushes but now I work on a WACOM tablet. I do digital pet portraits and digital oil painting of humans. But i still do have it somewhere. I will find it and send you the picture, you would definitely love it.

    ReplyDelete