Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Painted Collage Papers







The collection of painted papers is growing.....perhaps out of control. Even at school, every time the students leave all sorts of mixed acrylics that can't be put back, I'm feverishly spreading it all out on sheets of typing paper. Works great for collages....and I've recently started putting gesso on both sides of the heavy stock I use for the collage paintings.....the slight curve of the paper caused by gluing always annoyed me.


I have a longstanding fascination with collage....there seems so much potential in the colours arrived at accidentally, put to new purpose. It's like solving some sort of riddle. The little works in the background all start as collages.....3-10 shapes quickly cut and glued, and then some paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment