Monday, April 13, 2009

April Field



In the last few days I've taken to finding very simple, strong designs from far in the distance......a kind of telescoping. It starts with the eye lighting upon something and holding on for a while....this happens quite naturally but I've often resisted making pictures of the sensations. The eye instictively and playfully reduces the composition to very few key shapes. I've thought of this idea on and off for a long time and will experiment a bit. I did 2 pieces yesterday and will do a few more today.

4" x 4" acrylic collage painting, soon to be listed on Etsy.

2 comments:

  1. I love your key shapes -- especially when you find some key leftovers to make them. And I have a Passion for Painting Award waiting for you on my blog -- check it out for details.

    ReplyDelete