Sunday, September 18, 2016

Curve Lake First Nation Powwow













Yesterday we attended the Curve Lake First Nation powwow. Although it rained for most of the day, it was gentle, warm rain, and really quite pleasant. Although I imagine as the day wore on, it must have been a challenge for the powwow dancers. I really enjoyed this! Wonderful drumming and singing, great dancing, exciting regalia, and a lot of fun. We hope to attend next year again and take in more of the exhibition dancers. Also got turned on to some exciting new first nation fusion music.....A Tribe Called Red, who I think took part in some of the drumming.

I planned to do some plein air painting later in the afternoon, but since it was still steadily raining, I worked from memory....

www.harrystooshinoff.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment