Friday, January 8, 2016

10 Saved Acres, January

 
10 Saved Acres, January (sold)
...from the edge of a forest, looking toward a special hill. Acrylic collage painting on Stonehenge paper 10 x 13 inches, image size 9 x 9.75 inches.

some of my comments from a FB discussion...... There's a bit of the rule of thirds going on, and I'm always looking to use asymmetrical balance. And I also look for purposeful contrasts of opposites. So if there is a busy part, there should be an empty part. If there is something big, there should be something small. This creates exciting contrasts, but it also corresponds to what is often seen visually.

There's all kind of fun in the making and matching of these effects too. For example, I love putting the partly dirty, white typing paper on top of another collage sheet to get that particular off-white. Here, I also took my pencil and punched holes in the paper to partly create the effect of that stubble coming through the snow....and there are other marks in that snow too.

www.harrystooshinoff.com    

1 comment:

  1. I do so enjoy your paintings,Harry. And the way you talk about your process. Thank you. By the way it's lovely to enjoy snow - Brisbane summer is often unbearable!

    ReplyDelete