Thursday, March 25, 2010

Diagrams





I'm not sure why I feel compelled to save these little diagrams, but yesterday I took some time to cut and paste a drawer full into this book. Maybe I think they should be saved because each little drawing represents a very concentrated moment.....first a motif gets recognized....then a decision is made to stop everything to record it....then the diagram is made on paper I carry in my breast pocket, taking maybe 30 seconds or a minute. I make these diagrams every day. Many are turned into paintings, and I always feel a tinge of regret if I don't have time to make the paintings. If a day goes by without the painting being made, the drawing won't be remembered and used.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing more inspiring than a sketchbook page FULL of ideas...It makes my creative side ache for the studio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like architecture school-notebooks full of ideas.How inspiring!

    ReplyDelete