Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June Valley



The view west from the hill I painted the other day.....I was drawn to the long, low horizon with the little white house peeking out...the certain, healthy greens of June....so optimistic. The sky gave me trouble at different stages. I can't tell now, but I may have stayed too long at the party on this one. The grey in the sky was kept, then totally removed...but it was necessary so I put it back. I use Payne's grey a lot but Payne's did not work in this situation....it needed to be blued in a certain way. By the time I figured out the colour so much time had passed.

3 comments:

  1. Great to see your beautiful work! Love your landscapes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Landscape's Harry, so crisp and full of light. All the best, Steve.

    ReplyDelete