Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Evening Walkout

 
In case anyone is wondering why sometimes these works start looking partly abstract, or even fully abstract without representatioal format evident....here's a brief explanation: Sometimes I'm perfectly happy being primarily an 'eye'. There is plenty of mystery in what is seen. But sometimes I'm walking, and thinking, and looking, and responding emotionally to what I'm seeing and also what I'm thinking about...the whole world gets mixed into an experience that is not only about the eye. Sometimes I'm addressing some of that internal 'mixing'.

While the whole business of making a picture rests upon formal means, the picture is never a type of pure abstraction. The picture is always about something in my world.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/paintbox

No comments:

Post a Comment