Thursday, April 30, 2009

March Hope


SOLD

I love the end of March. Even though winter might still have some serious surprises there is always a steady series of hints that spring is coming....a perfect clear day shown here, warmish but allowing only a gradual melting. I like how this field dips down into a gully, always leading to interesting snow patterns near spring.

I was pleased with the quality of the yellow, the sky line where purple meets blue, and the snow mass, where text shows through from the back of an old sheet of paper.....I caught a bit of the mood of the day.

Acrylic collage painting on single ply matteboard, gessoed both sides to prevent warp, 9" x 7.5", listed now on Etsy.

2 comments:

  1. Harry, I just stumbled upon your blog and your work. I love it! I really like the way you translate the landscape you see into loose touches of what is really there. I can relate because I also do Landscape Paintings and I am an Art Teacher. I will definitely have to follow your work!

    ReplyDelete