Monday, December 21, 2009

Property Line



7.25" x 6.5" acrylic collage painting on pine panel. I was very pleased to discover this little size...there is a whole series of works on panels this size and I'll make many works on paper this size also. I need to frame these up soon, but a very nice black tom cat has moved into my basement and I don't want to freak him out with miter saw noise before he feels perfectly at home. The tom that lives upstairs still wants to murder him so I don't want them together.

In the continuing saga of little pleasures, I was happy to find a use for the orange collage paper on the bottom. Perfect for this November scene. Orange is an uncomfortable colour for me and I don't do much with it. One of the advantages of collage is that you are very likely to find surprises in colour outside your comfort zone....it's very easy to move colours in and out to assess effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment