Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Plein Air....Little Stand





It drizzled for most of the day....the umbrella worked for the first bit, but then the wind picked up, so I had to take it down...luckily the rain stopped by then. I always look for a bit of shelter when I set up...and I don't like a 100 eyes on me while I'm making these. Any distractions at all can wreck the process....decisions must go quickly from one to the other....even a 10 second delay can hurt the flow. 5 on-site paintings were made in 24 hours. This is the 2nd last...on gessoed, cradled birch panel.

www.harrystooshinoff  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the photos of the scene. You created such a strong composition from what was available. The finished piece is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Donna! There were 5 pieces made in one day....I'll try to post them all here.....

    ReplyDelete